The KnittingZone
Forum

SOCKYARNS YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE AND WHY

Moderators: LauraKZ, Mary, BillS25

SOCKYARNS YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE AND WHY

Postby thebrownspindle » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:55 pm

I LOVE Trekking XXL because....

It washes up well, lasts, and lasts and lasts and I don't find myself darning their socks much

I DISLIKE Regia

I used to like them a lot of late their product is not what is was. They seem to shrink more than they did and I darn them more.
thebrownspindle

Re: SOCKYARNS YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE AND WHY

Postby tamlking » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:51 am

Dislike Spud & Chloe Fine. It's stiff and scratchy even after many washings and wearing.

LOVE String Theory Caper Sock. Gorgeous colors and stitch definition.
tamlking

Postby thebrownspindle » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Tammy!

What I fail to understand about some yarn manufacturers is...why mess with something that was working! I see this more and more. Sales are good for a product..the quality is good for the price; and then, they drop off a mountain. Either the price goes way up and the yardage stays the same or is less or the quality hits the skids.

bjr
thebrownspindle

Postby tamlking » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:41 am

I totally agree! There are several brands that I stopped using for that very reason. As far as quality goes I've also learned to wind ALL yarn on my yarn winder, even if it's already a center pull skein. The one thing I hate is coming across a knot in the center of a skein, especially if it's a self-striping yarn. That knot usually will affect the color sequence.
tamlking

Postby paua.home » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:58 am

I wouldn't say there's an specific type of yarn that I don't like but I prefer always yarns that are made with organic materials, they're always better and prettier. ;)

The yarn the I currently that I like the most is Gazzal Galla (made out of silk & wool).

I found it on a turkish online craft store called Hobium.
Paula
paua.home

Return to Show us your work