The KnittingZone
Forum

Back Yet Again!

Place for everyone to get to know each other

Moderators: LauraKZ, Mary, BillS25

Back Yet Again!

Postby thebrownspindle » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:45 pm

Yeah! :D
This forum did not disappear! What a blessing! I am glad to see the new look. I have been on this forum for more than a few years now and...as I do not visit as much as I once did, I do come back because it feels like home. Much has happened in the years this site has been alive and much more will happen as it moves forward but that is not a bad thing at all.

I still knit socks! Yes! I have a pair on the #1s even now and am planning, of all things, to get a sock knitting machine so that I can make socks for extra money. My knees will not allow me to stand for too many more years and as Obamacare has taken over the healthcare landscape in this country, I don't see much help for my poor knees. So, an alternative surfaced just in time! What Luck :mrgreen:

I will keep knitting, weaving and spinning fiber as long as I can. Hope all is well with everyone on this site!

Barb R.
thebrownspindle

Re: Back Yet Again!

Postby Appaloosa » Wed May 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Good to hear from you Barb!
I'm still plugging away as much as work allows me. I've taken up weaving and am still knitting and spinning. Socks still rock in this household.
:D
L
May you always run with the wind at your back and good friends at your side.
Appaloosa

Re: Back Yet Again!

Postby thebrownspindle » Sun May 25, 2014 12:30 pm

Lou!

Good to hear from you! How is the weather in Canada? It is still spring here in the Eastern USA and we are stil waiting for summer? Meteorologically it is summer but from the temps you would not know it. It is slated to be very cold again this winter so, my sock needles are out and working again. I have 5 more pair in the planning and a sweater along with it. I have some hats to make and two gifts as thank you's for help given this year.

Sock wise, I have some Trekking XXL on the needles right now. One sock down another to go. I showed my finished sock to some folks at church today and they were amazed that I got that done in 15 to 30 minutes every day. I take my socks to work and do them there because they are so small and easy to transport. Now that handbags, knapsacks and back packs are no longer allowed in the warehouse where I work, socks are fit right into a gallon size ziplock bag and do not take up space in my work area.

bjr
thebrownspindle

Return to Tell Us All about YOU!