The KnittingZone
Forum

What Are You Socking on Now?

Moderators: LauraKZ, Mary, BillS25

What Are You Socking on Now?

Postby thebrownspindle » Mon May 12, 2014 4:08 pm

I am, at this moment, socking on 4 KnitPicks wood dpns. What are your favorite sock instruments? I like metal on occasion but plastic is definitely out for me!

Barb R.
thebrownspindle

Re: What Are You Socking on Now?

Postby Appaloosa » Wed May 14, 2014 4:59 pm

My favourite are the Knit Picks Harmony interchangeable circs! I love the feel and the colours.
May you always run with the wind at your back and good friends at your side.
Appaloosa

Postby tamlking » Tue May 27, 2014 11:01 am

Another Knit Picks girl here! :D I typically knit my socks top down with 2 circs and I use Knit Picks wood fixed circulars. If I use dpns I use their wood sets. I have metal circs but just prefer the points on the wood.
tamlking

Postby JudyKnits » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:29 am

I love the look of the Knit Picks but I hate the cable. It is just too memory retentive. I now use the Chiao Goo needles and love the cables. They just fall straight right out of the package. If I could put the Knit Picks needles on the Chiao Goo cables I would be a happy camper. :D

I knit two at a time, toe up on ML.

Judy
JudyKnits

Postby thebrownspindle » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi Judy,

Got a pair of he Chinese needles and I have to say I do not like them much. They are well made but they seem...industrial to me. I am getting more and more irritated with things that should look beautiful and be functional at the same time and are not. I guess I just want more beauty in my life.

So much of our world is cookie cutter, sameness and repetitive. I am beginning to really hate that and I did not really understand just what was the matter with me. When I got those needles I instantly understood! I get KnitPicks because they are pretty. The colors enchant me and encourage me. Now that the blue laminated needles are out I am going got get an entire set of the wood double points because they are so pretty to look at.

The CG just look.....I can't even think of a word for them. I don't like the way they feel either. They are about as soft as sand paper to me. Give me wood or give me death!

bjr
thebrownspindle

Postby BillS25 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:11 pm

I have tried everything from dpns to two circus to magic loop and ultimately my favorite is using the HiyaHiya 9" sharp circular needle for socks. Fortunately I do not suffer from second sock syndrome so I happily do them one at a time.
BillS25

Postby thebrownspindle » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:59 pm

For my friend OnLine 6 ply I will be using 4 old favorite bamboo size 3 needles by Takumi They are dusty from disuse and having been forgotten as I paraded about for years with my circular needles. But now my old friends are out of the bottom of the bin in which they have languished. (actually I found them after we moved just this last month). Now..off to make someone happy with a pair of handmade socks.

bjr
thebrownspindle

Return to Show us your work